SEO For Tradesmen or women.
Search Engine Optimisation for trades and small to medium businesses.
SEO is essential for any tradesmen or women, or even SME’s looking to get more customers using their website and improve their search engine rankings.
SEO Check list.
Best SEO practises for tradesmen and women for their websites. Here are a few tips to improve your websites search engine rankings using SEO.
- Content, content, content. You want as much useful and interesting content on your website as possible.
- Optimise your content for Google. Using the correct Header Tags and Alt Tags for images. Correct keyword distribution and making sure your keywords are listed within the back end of the website.
- If you’re a business that offers a local service then Schema Markup. This is code that shows Google what type of business you are and helps with local rankings.
- Sign up to Google Search Console and Google Analytics. Set up and verify your website on these to get great insights into how your website is doing.
- Optimise your website for mobile. More and more searches are now done on a mobile phone, so having a website that works properly on a mobile device is key.
- Compress your images. Don’t put big images on your website, use a tool like compressor.io to compress the images down so they load faster.
- Ensure your website is loading quickly. The slower your loading speed the more chance someone will bounce off the site and look for another. Also Google HATES slow loading websites, so if it loads slow you won’t get ranked very high. Use Google PageSpeed Insights to get a good understanding of your sites speed.
- What gets measured, gets managed. By that I mean keep on top of your analytics and how your site is performing. I recommend a free tool called Ubersuggest. This amazing tool allows you to see how many keywords you rank for, where your site ranks for those particular keywords. What your domain authority is and how many back links you have. It’s also a great way to spy on your competitors and a way to find out what content works and what doesn’t.
- Build high quality back links. These are links from other websites that mention your company and link to your site. High quality back links are links from sites with a high DA and PA already, anything over 30 is a good start.
If you’re unsure of any of the above then feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have via my email firstname.lastname@example.org or hit the Contact page and fill in the box. SEO is the next step for tradesmen and women to improve their website search rankings and get more customers.
Search Engine Optimisation is something I provide, so if you don’t have the time for all of the above then speak to me about how we can work together. I’m based in Bristol, UK, so if you’re from here give me a shout and talk to me about how we can help each other.